Sunday, November 9, 2008

The name game

I was tagged by Mommy Maicel and asked how I came up with the names of my kids.

SEAN DEANNIEL

My husband’s name is Sean. I love that name and he wants to have his first son named after him so that’s were we got Sean. I wanted it to be biblical as well. I love Daniel but I changed the spelling to Deanniel.

MATHEA DEANNE

Since our second child’s a girl, hubby wants it to be named after me or at least have the first letter “M” as well. I looked online and found Mathea which means Gift from God and I did not want Deanniel to be removed but I changed it to Deanne to make it feminine.

6 comments:

  1. hehehe, my son's name is Matthew... hehehe gift from God din! hehehe nice! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. parang pareho nga po ng tayo ng reasons on how we came up with the names of our kids..hehehe..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the name Sean eversince college days because of my fave Sean Chambers of Alaska and Sean Connery (napaghahalata ang edad heheh) Whenever I met people with the name Sean I would tell them that if I would have a baby boy I would name it Sean. Kaya bago pa ipanganak baby ko, naka set na yung name nya. And of course as we all know, Sean means "God is gracious"

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...nice name of choice!:) mmmm since m still single i dont want to pressure myself to find a name of my kids rather husband first..hahahahah

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ amor

    you are correct, Sean is a great name. when i checked for the meaning of sean, i have found na it also means "God's gracious gift" so ,so our kids talaga ang Gifts from God!!



    @ glorie

    you do not have to pressure yourself sorting out names and more so finding a husband...darating din yan..although like Amor, i know some people na dalaga pa lang eh my list na ng possible names for babies nila..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me too here medz, the name of my daughter is Danielle coz I wanted it to be biblical. But I got it also from my husband's name NIEL. It's just a 1 word name kasi ang haba nga surname ko ngayon..(lol)
    I don't want my daughter to get difficulty in writing her name in her primary years..kasi ang Haba if 2 word name na...As simple as Danielle Normandia...hahhahah

    ReplyDelete