Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My Alma Mater

I went to my Alma Mater yesterday. I was there to take some papers that I need. The school was different from when I used to study there.

After I got the papers I need, I went down to the Cafeteria to eat.

I watched all the other students there. I remembered my college days. I didn't enjoy much of it since I was a workings student then. I was asked to join several organizations but I couldn't since, I got limited time.

I remember my tuition fee was only Php500.00 then. I have to make sure I got into the Dean's list for another 50% discount! Now, my son is in Preparatory and his tuition fee is more than PhP. 10,000!

I didn't have my digital camera with me but I couldn't help to take pictures, so I just used my phone to do the job.


Here are some pictures that I took.

This is our building back then.










Now, here is the new building that looks like a mall. LOL.












The inside of the new building is impressive, I must say. It doesn't look like the same Public University where I spent my college days.

These pictures show the Cafeteria and the elevator.

















I went down to the basement and I was glad to find a chapel there. I went inside the Chapel and I was surprised to see a familiar face there. Well, the faces of all the students are all new to me. A familiar face could only be a Professor I've known from before.









The man in blue is Sir Tobie. He never became my professor but I knew him. He was the one who encouraged me to join the Ms. CAS (College of Arts and Sciences) Pageant when I was in First Year College. I never really wanted to join because I was afraid it would me vain. But, I am glad I joined. It was an achievement that I will forever treasure in my heart.

Here are other things that can now be found in the school.

This is the new Track and Field inside the campus ground.










This is the Makati Park in front of the school and the Overpass pass just outside the campus.














I can say the improvement was good. I just hope that the education system improved as well.

1 comment:

  1. Ang ganda naman ng skul nyo saang skul yan?

    Yung alam mater ko din nung college ibang iba na compared before, yung tambayan namin dun, wala na ibang building na ang nakatayo. Haven't been there for 9 years already ata.

    Seandy's tuition is 10k+? Pero okay na rin yun kasi yung sa iba 20+ pa.

    ReplyDelete