Sunday, October 4, 2009

Flood of Life

So many things happened in so little time. A lot of people who were affected by typhoon Ondoy has not recovered yet.

And, there goes Pepeng. Another Super Typhoon who hit northern part of the country. I listened to news yesterday and I heard how strong Pepeng is, its tail hit Cagayan Valley part.

I was just talking to my friend, Utchie, the night before. I asked her about her mom who live in Tugegarao. I asked if they were affected by Typhoon Ondoy last Saturday. She said they were lucky it never rained that hard. She even said it was just drizzling in their place.

But a week after Typhoon Ondoy, Typhoon Pepeng hit them big time. I texted Utchie and asked how her mom is doing and she said that they cannot get out of the house and the wind was so strong that roofs are flying. Good thing nobody was hurt.

I heard about a lady who allegedly said something nasty about the Philippines when we were hit by Ondoy. It was a shout out posted in Facebook. She said something like, the Filipinos here in the Philippines deserved what happened because there are a lot of sinners here. But she claimed she was just a victim of an identity theft so let's all leave it that way.

I was studying the life of Job and I was humbled when I read Job 38.

" The LORD Challenges Job
1 Then the LORD answered Job from the whirlwind:

2 "Who is this that questions my wisdom
with such ignorant words?
3 Brace yourself like a man,
because I have some questions for you,
and you must answer them...

25 "Who created a channel for the torrents of rain?
Who laid out the path for the lightning?
26 Who makes the rain fall on barren land,
in a desert where no one lives?


Another Passage that I heard that could be applied to the situation that we have right now.

It reads in Luke Chapter 13.

A Call to Repentance

1 About this time Jesus was informed that Pilate had murdered some people from Galilee as they were offering sacrifices at the Temple.

2 "Do you think those Galileans were worse sinners than all the other people from Galilee?" Jesus asked. "Is that why they suffered?

3Not at all! And you will perish, too, unless you repent of your sins and turn to God.

4 And what about the eighteen people who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them? Were they the worst sinners in Jerusalem?5 No, and I tell you again that unless you repent, you will perish, too."

God is an Omniscient God. We should never question Him nor doubt His love for us. He is dealing with each and everyone of us.

I pray that what happened recently would us help us grow deeper into the love of God.

1 comment:

  1. Korek ka jan sis. We should never question God talaga. Everything happens for a reason. God wont allow us to be tested beyond our capability to remain firm. He would also give us strength to overcome difficulties.

    ReplyDelete