Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Life's too short

Yesterday, I entered the gate of our school as he was entering too.  He was always early at work.  He brought his new netbook. He asked me to help him with his SmartBro account.  He would like to surf the internet.  I tried to help him but to no avail.  We just could not get the signal.   One of the teachers teased him, "Uy, bago ung netbook nya..", "Hiniram ko lang 'to." was his replied. 

He is secretive, sometimes he just keeps to himself.   But, if he cracks a joke, you can be sure to laugh your heart out.

We had our lunch together yesterday.  We had our normal conversation.  I told my advisory class how strict he is.  One of the students almost failed the exam, he was their proctor.  She had to pee but he did not allow her.  She resorted to passing her papers even if she's not done yet.  That's better that peeing inside the room anyway.

Today, I did not notice him when I got into my first class.  He was not in school yet.  I came back after an hour to hear the news.  He was in coma.  He was heard moaning at around three in the morning, they have tried to wake him up but he did not wake up.

We visited him in the hospital but it was past visiting hours.  I was not able to see him today.  Her sister said that as per last update, he is brain dead.

We love you, Sir Arne Magdael.  We are praying for you.

Yesterday you’re here…
Enjoying the times of your life  
Laughing at every joke you’ve heard
Living life at its best

Now, you did not see the world. 
You tried to come out but just cannot.
You were fighting the battle
Some parts of you have given up. 

What lies ahead?  
What will happen next?
 Life. Love. Lost. 

Life is a mystery. 
Today? Tomorrow? 
We do not know.

No comments:

Post a Comment