Friday, January 6, 2012

Just a Little Respect

They say that honesty is still the best policy. Well, I must agree with that. Early on, I have decided that I would like to be honest and transparent with all of my students and I did.

I showed them the real me, I guess, too much of the “real me. I have forgotten I was “just” their teacher. I have expected so much and that was why I got disappointed. I thought I could make them realized things fast enough. I just realized it also took me a while before I understood the importance of education.

After I graduated from High School, I continued studying for only one semester and then I stopped for three semesters because I was already working. It was then, that I realized how important education is.

When I have started feeling disappointments that’s when I knew, I did something wrong. Probably, I was just too naïve or too idealistic to admit that I am not as efficient and as effective as I want me to be (yet). Or probably, my husband’s correct, I have expected so much from them.

Am I asking too much from them? I only wanted respect. Sometimes it’s easy to say we respect someone but it’s hard to show it. Sometimes, just listening while I am discussing is more than enough.

Not everyone is going to know how to appreciate everything you've done for them. You have to figure out who's worth your kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment