Monday, March 30, 2009

More than Medals

It was the 9th of June 2008 when it all started. My son was enrolled in a Day Care Center in our neighborhood. I thought my son, who was only 3 years old that time, was too young to go to school. He knew the alphabet and also knew how to count. But, he still can’t write and does not know how to color well. Though, I have already bought him colors and Coloring Books several times and let him color these all by himself, I was still hesitant to enroll him. But, my husband and my family told me we can just give it a try.


So we enrolled him together with his cousin Rumelyn. For the first few days, I was just waiting for my son to tell me that he would like to quit. But, he never did. I am glad he enjoyed it. Although, there were times when he would tell me he doest not want to go to school because it was boring.


I remember when they had their 1st Evaluation exam. The whole family was encouraging Rumelyn to do good since she has a great chance of making it to the honor roll since she already knew how to count, how to color well, and she even knew how to write her name. I told them, I believe Seandy will also have an award. My mother jokingly said that he can get the “Most Groomed” award.

When we got the results of their 1st Evaluation we were all surprised when Seandy made it to the top. Rumelyn was on the 3rd Place then.

2nd Evaluation - Rumelyn 2nd place and Seandy only got the 4th place.


We were never told of the Final Evaluation results, though the test papers were returned. We were told to wait until Graduation Day (March 30) to know the final verdict. LOL.


I am so glad and I am so proud of my son, Seandy, and my niece, Rumelyn. They both made it. Seandy was the 2nd Honor and Rumelyn was the 3rd Honor. This is a good start for their journey through life. I just hope that they will continue to grow and excel not just in school but more so in life.


Congratulations Graduates of 2008 – 2009.

2 comments:

  1. congrats to Seandy. Saan sya papasok next school year? We're enrolling Sean to a different school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks amor, sa ibang school din namin siya enroll, pero dito lang din within sa subdivision..

    ReplyDelete