Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Who is My President?

A lot of us have been waiting for this day. I do. This is the 40th day of the death of former President Corazon Aquino and this is also the day set by Sen. Noynoy Aquino to declare whether or not he will vie as president for 2010 Elections on not.

At about 8:10 am today at the Club Filipino in San Juan, Metro Manila, Sen. Benigno “Noynoy” Aquino said he will run as President under Liberal Party. In his announcement he said “I am accepting the plea of the citizens. I’m accepting the legacy of my parents. I also accept the responsibility to continue the fight for our people. I am accepting to lead the fight. My countrymen, I will run for president this coming elections. I will continue the fight. Thank you very much.”

He hopes to run with Mar Roxas, who just gave in his desire to run as president for Noynoy.

I am still undecided who to vote. I still have to listen to more forums and speeches to decide. And, of course, I still need to pray about it.

To everyone like me who is still undecided who to vote for, I encourage you to go and find the book, Rizal is My President. I have always admired Jose Rizal. I liked his idea of education. He never got tired of improving himself. He is a genius which is why he was admired and revered even by other countries.

In this book by Napoleon Almonte, showed how we can choose a leader by showing some qualities that a true leader must have. He gave 40 traits that a leader must possess. These 40 tips also help bring out the Hero in everyone.

Another good book that every Filipino must have.

No comments:

Post a Comment