Friday, September 25, 2009

Count your Blessings

I was off for 4 days at work last week when I came back so much has changed. I heard the company had to down size. Several people were laid off 6 of them from our department.

It was a sad day. But no one complained aloud. Everyone cried inside. I have made a decision and I know it was called for. I texted our Head Manager ( an Israeli) and asked him if I could just take the place of Ms. Terry whom they removed from her post. She has two kids and is a single parent. I know she needs the job more than I do. Not that I don’t need the job but I know I can find one in no time and I believe God will provide.

My Boss replied and said it was not possible. I just thank him and told him that it was worth the shot. When I came to the office, my Department Manager approached me and asked me if I wanted us to talk. He was called by the Head Manager and told him that he just received the weirdest text ever.

I just laughed and told him I only wanted to help. I also saw Terry in the office that day, her eyes still red from crying. I approached her and told her everything will be okay. She just nodded and left.

As the song goes “when God closes the door He opens a window so I can see He’s working it out the very best for me.”

Me and my office mates who were left were just happy we still got our jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment