Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Who's afraid of Dying?

My son is. And, he does not want me and his dad to die either. Just the other night my son asked me if I will ever get old. I automatically said yes. He then started crying and became hysterical! He then prayed to God to not let me get old – ever. I told him everyone will get old. He then asked if I will die if I get old. I told him everyone will die. And, he said he never want me to die.

He said , he’ll be good. He’ll do whatever I want him to do just to promise him I won’t die. I have already explained to him that dying is good because that's the only way we can get to see our God and he seemed convinced. But then, he asked me will they bury you? I said, yes. And he disagreed again. He never want the idea of me being buried and be eaten by worms. LOL.

I asked him to keep praying for me and his dad so God will not take us yet.

Please Lord, do not take me yet, not until my family is ready. 

3 comments:

  1. Your son Sean is so sweet. I just can't wait my daughter to speak..she's only 10 months old and her name is also Melody :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ay grabee sis, alam mo ba last week nag watch kami ni Sean ng Up. During the time na namatay yung asawa ni Carl, I asked him bakit namatay kasi I was reading a text message di ko napanood. He said, eh kasi matanda na sya, pagod na. He asked, mommy kapag matanda ka na, mamamatay ka rin, at ganun din ako pag matanda na? I said yes kasi lahat tayo mamamatay pero hindi lang dahil matanda na, yung iba kahit bata pa namamatay din, halimbawa may sakit o naaksidente. He said, mommy wag kang magkakasakit ha at saka mag iingat ka. I said, bakit ayaw mo ba ako mamatay? He said ayaw. I said naman na eh kasi kapag namatay tayo babalik naman tayo kay God kasi pinapunta nya lang tayo dito sa earth para magbakasyon, haha. Pero alam mo naiiyak talaga ako nung pinag uusapan namin yun, ewan ko ba, I can't help it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Ken.MrsGraig

    he is. i know Melody will surprise you in so many ways.

    @amor

    ay, mmommy amor, kakaiyak talaga sila pag nagsasalita ng mga ganung bagay..seandy and i had a lot of talks na about death at madalas ako rin talaga ang umiiyak..hehehe

    ReplyDelete