Monday, December 14, 2009

Should I celebrate Christmas?

It’s Christmas once again. I bet most of us are excited about this. Most of us have decorated our homes, set up Christmas Tree and underneath it are gifts for our loved ones. Almost everyone had prepared the recipes for the food on the table on that special day.

A lot of things happened to me in time for the Christmas celebration. I would like to list them down so I wouldn’t forget.

1. I am away from my family.
2. First time to be away from my kids and my husband on a very special day.
3. I have lost a niece. My sister gave birth last December 9 but the baby didn’t make it.
4. My nephew fell down and hit his head and needed a CT scan.
5. I will be alone on Christmas eve; my housemates will either go to home to the Philippines or will stay at their friend’s house.
6. I still couldn’t afford to send big amount of money since I have not started working yet.
7. I couldn’t afford to give gifts for my loved ones.
8. My son is sick (hopefully he gets well before Christmas).
9. I miss my husband and my kids.
10. My application for an Employment pass has been rejected. My employer had to make an appeal and I have to wait for 3 weeks more for the result.

But despite everything, I know I still have to celebrate Christmas. Why? Because Christmas is not dependent on what I am going through right now. Because Christmas brings hope. Because Christmas is a celebration of the love of God - that a Messiah was born to save us. It is the sole reason why I need to celebrate.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about what you're going through. Your decision to go to another country was such a brave move. I don't think I will ever have the guts to do that. I won't even last a day without my family.

    Anyway, just remember this verse and everything will be okay.
    Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

    Take care. I think you should still celebrate Christmas. I don't know how, but I think you should. :)I hope you'll find a job soon. I'll try to ask my uncle from SG if he can give you a job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ honney
    hi, honney. i am fine. i got job offer naman na po. kaya lang dito kasi kahit sobrang dami ng job offers mo pero di ka maaprove ng MOM (government) to work di ka rin makakapagwork.

    Jer. 29:11 is one of my favorite verses; together with Matthew 16:26 " And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul?* Is anything worth more than your soul?"

    Everything is not about money. The main reason talaga kung bakit ako pumunta dito is to be closer to God. Masyado kasing busy jan eh. Tapos ang layo pa ng house namin sa church. Unlike dito, i can attend church's activities anytime na hindi ako magrurush umuwi because of my kids, yung money eh bonus na lang. :)

    Thanks din po sa offer mo ha. I can go back naman anytime jan sa Pinas. dami namang work jan. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ay grabee sis, you're going through a lot pala these days, pero kaya mo yan.

    Ang Pasko, lilipas din yan hehe. Seriously, tama ka, Jesus is the reason to celebrate Christmas. So kahit may konting problema let's all celebrate!

    ReplyDelete