Thursday, October 30, 2008

Remembering the dead

It’s November once again and this is the time when we remember our dead loved ones. I cannot forget my grandmother (mother of my mama). My Nana, that is what we call her, died last December 2002. And I still miss her. Sometimes I still wish she is here. I miss talking to her, kissing her, hugging her, looking at her, holding her. She was so beautiful inside and out.

There was even a time when I was still a Manager at Jollibee. Months after she died, an old lady came to buy food. The cashier called me for approval since she was a senior citizen. I had to ask for her ID and get all the information. When I handed her over her ID I noticed her hands. It was exactly like my Nana’s hands. I looked at her and went back immediately inside the office. I did not want anybody to see me crying. Our Area Manager was there at that time and she saw me crying. I told her I saw my Nana’s hands. I was still trembling and she gave me a hug to assure me that everything will be okay.

It has been six years now but her memories are still alive in my heart and mind. Too bad she was not able to see her “apo sa tuhod” in me.

I love you Nana, I will just look forward for our reunion when my time comes.

1 comment:

  1. Nakaka-iyak naman ito Melody. Siguro kung sa akin nangyari yun, baka hindi ko mapigilan pag-iyak ko. Hindi pa naman ako masyadong iyakin. My father died May 2002 naman, binisita namin sya kahapon.

    ReplyDelete