Sunday, October 12, 2008

Filipina Image

I was blog hopping the other day. I came across the story of the “infamous” foreigner who met a Filipina. Hooked up with her got her pregnant and then went back to his country and then accused the whole Philippines of scamming him.

I have heard of this story before when I was still in my maternity leave.
It took me a while before I finished reading the stories from one blog to another. But I was not lucky enough to read the official blog of the guy since it was changed to invitational only.

I have read a lot of comments, reactions, insults and accusations. I pity the girl. Being a mom myself I know how painful it is to lose a child. Plus the pain of knowing that the person whom who trust no longer trust you back.

But I cannot blame the guy. He may look like a paranoid but to some point he was just cautious about things. Well he mentioned that someone already tried to scam him through friendster. Unless he was just fabricating all the stories, he made mentioned about the money that he spent when he was here in our country, he food for the family and for the barangay, the cellphone. He also mentioned that he sent money to the girl in the past.

The thing is, the girl should not have asked for anything from the guy when he was here in the Philippines. People will really think that she is only after his money. Be it a local or a foreigner, the rule of thumb is never ask a guy to buy you stuff, unless the guy asked you what you want and offered to buy it for you. Of course, it is different when you are talking about husbands and wives.

Good thing the girl learned her lessons. Sad thing is - in a hard way.

1 comment:

  1. I hope it will be a lesson for filipinas that true love doesn't comes in $$$$. We have to face there are alot of girls who do anything just to milk anybody. That story is the same whenever it happened to my uncle and the sad part the girl went to my families and later told my uncle that she's pregnant after just a week together. Then how can she just after 2 weeks that she's pregnant then after that she said she has some tumor or so she has to choice between her lige or the child gooz my uncle was so tanga he sent money but she just went to go with others rich balikbayan boys. So beware its not only foreigner even those Pinoy abroad are vivtimized by these skammers.

    ReplyDelete