Sunday, April 1, 2012

Moving Up!

    A time for moving up.  My husband still can't believe that we all have survived another year in school.  My eldest son finished Level 2 and now moving up to Level 3.  My youngest daughter just finished her Nursery and will be moving up to Kinder 1.

   It was different this time.  I must admit that I was not involved much with the activities of my kids, especially with my eldest.  Their's is different since they have to work on their own.  They were just given paces to study and finish.  I used to make my own reviewer for him whenever his exams would arrive, but this school year, I was not able to do that, since they work on their paces alone.  My son would only ask me for clarifications if there were things that he would not understand on his homework.  But, over all he worked on his own.  

   I was more involved with my youngest since their set up is the same as the traditional classroom set up.  So I was able to help her review on her exams. 


  So when the recognition day arrived, we were not expecting much  from them.  Unlike other schools who probably give all awards that you can think of, e.i. Most Behave, Most Friendly, Most Punctual, almost all the awards, their school only gave a few.  They gave medals for "Scripture Memory Verses" -the kids had to memorize verses from the Bible and recite it to their teacher.  My son got Silver for that,and  my daughter got Gold medal for that.  They also gave medal for pupils attending the Sunday School in Christ the King Church. My children did not get the medal for that award since they are attending the Sunday School in our own church.  They also gave awards like Cleanest Office, Good Penmanship, Fastest to finish the Paces, Highest grades for Paces.  

   They also gave medals  for achievers in Academics.  My son got Silver also,  and my little girl received Gold as one of the Outstanding Pupils for Nursery.  



   I thank God because He has given these children wisdom and understanding.  I pray that they continue to achieve greater things in life.   I also pray for wisdom, patience and understanding so that as parents we may not grow weary in teaching them the ways of God.  

   Till another moving up! 

1 comment: