Saturday, April 2, 2011

No Regrets


It has been almost six months since I arrived here in Aklan. I have decided to go back from Singapore because God changed my heart.  When I left for Singapore my main reason was to grow deeper in my relationship with the Lord. And, God has been very faithful to His promises.  "Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give the desires of your heart." With the help of my brothers and sisters in Christ, God changed my heart and opened my eyes.

My church has been consistent in teaching us to excel in everything we do. That is especially true there in abroad.  We were taught to excel as a nation, as a Filipino. "Angat Lahi"- this is what we always have in mind.  We have to do our best in everything for the glory of the Lord and for our country.

I was working as a Senior Consultant in an employment agency and I was handling recruitment for househelpers in Singapore.  There is nothing wrong being a househelper, slavery is only a state of mind.  But, in my heart, I know God wants me to do something else.  I just couldn't bear "helping" my fellow Filipino to be a "maid" in a foreign land.  That is just my personal dealing with the Lord. I wanted to find another job but another sister in Christ, sister

 Sunny , was used by God to explain to me the importance of being with my family.

By God's grace I am with my family now.  God has been so gracious and faithful to us.  He also opened a new career for me to fulfil.  I may not be earning that big, but the time spent with my children and my husband is more than anything else.  As I have said before, money really cannot buy anything.  I am so blessed though we may be poor.  God is my strength and my portion forever!

 


1 comment:

  1. very well said sis, and I'm happy in your decision. Money really can't buy happiness, especially the kind of happiness a mother feels when she's with her kids. :)

    ReplyDelete