Saturday, February 19, 2011

Overwhelm

It has been my dream to be a teacher. I always thought I would like to grow old teaching. But the thing is, I am not a teacher. I am not confident to be a teacher. Well, the passion is there. But being passionate about teaching is not enough. Being a teacher means a lot more.
When God gave me a chance to be a substitute teacher, I heard the calling. And, I knew I had to continue teaching. But it wont stop there. I know I have to equip myself and prepare myself to be a teacher. I need to go back to school to learn more. Currently, I am taking my Masters Degree in Educational Management here in Northwestern Visayan Colleges. However, I would need to take some units for Education so I can take the board exam for teachers. It will take more than a year or two before I can finish the units, but I pray that God will continue to sustain and provide for everything that I will need to achieve my goal.
Being a substitute teacher has taught me a lot. I have learned to love the students as my own. I have been with them for only 3 months but I have connected with them already. I am handling third year and fourth year students. My advisory class will be graduating this March. I wish them all the success in life. I would like them to be fighters. I would love to see them make it big in life. I hope that I have imparted some lessons that they would not forget. I hope that in relatively short period of time, I have made an impact to their lives.

2 comments:

  1. Good morning, Ma'am! May I go out? Hehe. Ako din gusto ko maging teacher nung bata pa ako.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning' honney! it's never too late, aral ulit tau para maging licensed teacher tau..hehehe

    ReplyDelete