Friday, January 8, 2010

Approved!!!

I went to Singapore to look for a job. I arrived here in Singapore last November 9, 2009. I'm on my 2nd month today.

I initially planned to apply Direct - meaning I did not have to go to a recruitment agency to find an employer. For the first 3 weeks, I only got interviewed twice. First as a Retail Sales Assistant but I was not selected. My second interview was as a Sales Consultant. It was actually an agency for Filipino maid. Sir Leo, owner, told me that they needed people since they will be accepting Skilled and Professionals too probably this year.

I was very interested to get that job. I just felt that I am blessed and I can help other people through that job.

But after the interview Sir Leo, did not get back at me. I texted him and he told me that he was still considering. I was initially given a 30 day stay here in Singapore and it is about to come to an end. I knew I needed to find new employers.

It was then I have decided to just look for an agency to help me find an employer.

I was initially hired for the position of Admin Assistant however, after a week my application for a work pass was not processed yet. So, I backed out and talked to my agent and asked her to apply my pass (work visa) as Telemarketer since I got selected too. But unfortunately, the work pass was rejected too.

I was told that we could re-appeal. But I chose not to re-appeal. I decided to find another employer. I was again interviewed and got selected as Front Desk Officer. But after 12 days, I got the rejection letter again. :(

I never wanted to give up. My husband told me to just go back to the Philippines instead. I told him, I needed another month. My extension here in Singapore is about to expire on January 9, 2010.

I wanted to get another month so I went to Malaysia on January 1, 2010 and stayed there for 3 days. When I was in Malaysia, I decided I will just go back to the Philippines. Although I get to see my kids everyday via webcam, I decided I wanted to go back home.

Some pictures taken inside a mall in Malaysia.






But then, my husband told me to try it for another week. I got my ticket booked for January 8.

When I came back here in Singapore, I tried to contact Sir Leo again and asked if they are still in need of Sales Consultant. He called me and told me to send my resume again. He interviewed me once again. God is so good.

He submitted my work pass application January 7, and it got approved on January 8. Thank God!!!

With my colleague Ms. Julie.






It's my second month here in Singapore and I can say that today could be the start of the new chapter of my life.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Congrats! Finally. Sa hinaba haba ng prusisyon, sa company ni Sir Leo ka rin talaga matatanggap... pinag tour ka muna sa Singapore at Malaysia hehe. Good luck on your new job. Keep us posted! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodluck sis, I posted a question on the top post but now I know the answer hehehe. JUst always pray so you'd be protected all the time.

    ReplyDelete