Wednesday, August 5, 2009

We bid you goodbye, Cory.

I woke up at around 10:00 in the morning. I'll be on a night shift so I can still relax. I opened the TV when it came to me that today is the burial of Cory Aquino. A mass was held for her. I started crying when Kris Aquino delivered her speech. I am a very family oriented person and I feel for her. It is totally depressing to face the death of your mom. I was moved when she said she lied to her mom when she said they are okay about her leaving them.

I was also touched by the Filipino people who showed compassion for the family.

I knew I needed to wear a yellow shirt tonight when I go to work. I decided I would drop by in SM to buy a yellow shirt. I wanted so much to be a part of this day when all I can see are my countrymen showing their love for our country.

I asked my mom to accompany me to mall. The management of the Mall also gave tribute to Cory. They set up a stage where they showed video clips of Cory. At the back was a wall where people can write messages for Cory.








It gives me much joy to see that our country still have hope. I do not believe in politics. I believe that the responsibility lies much on every person not just on the president. That the role of every parent in rearing kids are much more important than the role of the president in our lives.

If only parents can raise a Godly and responsible children our country can move further.

My husband told me that he admired the love that I have for our country. I wanted to impart that to our kids.

Goodbye Cory. Thank you for showing that we Filipino are capable of loving our country that much.

2 comments:

  1. There's still hope for our country :) because of parents like you who will instill in their kids love for God and for our country :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is such a strong and religious person. she has moved us without violence but with prayer.

    ReplyDelete