Friday, August 8, 2008

Married life

I have just attended the wedding of my two good friends, Kris and Aimah. Congratulations to the both of you. I still remember back in 2002 the time when I used to be their match maker. Now, after all the hard work, they have finally reached the day they have been dreaming of, to be with each other for the rest of their lives. It was a great wedding. Simple yet you can feel the love that they have for each other and the support of their family and friends.

The Bishop who officiated their wedding gave them insights as to what to expect in their married life. He told them there will be hardships, fights, troubles, problems. But these are all parts and parcel of being married. He also advised them that there will come a time when they will fight and will decide to leave their house. He urged them not to return to his or her own parent’s but to go to their in – laws house instead. I thought of it and it is really true. Our parents know us so much. They know how we react to certain things.

It is also true when they say that you don’t just marry a person, you marry a family. It made me realize how blessed I am for having wonderful in – laws. I am very much open with my mom in law, even though they live far form us. I love them and I know that they love me too. She never failed to remind me how much she appreciates me and the things that I do for our family. She is also very humble and never forgets to tell me and my husband that we are doing a great job raising her grandchildren. Which is just so wonderful to hear. It’s more than a trophy to us.

I am glad because I can talk to her and tell her anything under the sun. We like the same things and agree on some issues most of the time. Oh, how I missed her. Good thing she will be visiting us soon….

No comments:

Post a Comment