Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Count your Blessings

I am blessed with so many things that I have to be thankful for. But there were times when things really fall apart. And whenever I am depressed the first thing that I would do is to remember to count my blessings. Here are some of the most unforgettable miracles and answered prayers from the past that I have received from God:

1. I don’t hate math but I not really good at it. I did not have any failinf grades in math but I don’t excel in it as well. College Algebra finals, our Professor said that the exam would be from cover to cover. I was a working student then, so I really do not have time to study that much. I was very nervous to take the exam; I knew I was going to fail. I just prayed. Then, our professor came in. We were puzzled when he started reading names - my name was there. He then announced that the names he mentioned were exempted to take the final exams! Hurrah!!!

2. I could not understand the lessons in my Statistics class. We're a very large class and our professor could not entertain all the questions that we have. It was really hard for me. I prayed about it. Did some “sit – ins” on my friends' statistics class. After the end of the semester my final grade for Statistics was 1.0!

3. It was the start of the semester; my mentor asked me the plan that I have for that semester. I told her I still wanted to be part of the Dean’s List. She asked me what final grade I would like to have after the end of the semester. I told her, I need to have a final grade of 1.5. She told me to pray for it and study harder. I prayed about it. At the end of the semester, I got hold of my class cards and my final grade was 1.5.

4. I was a working student when I was in college. I worked at Mc Donald’s Restaurant as a service crew. Whenever I see our crew trainers training new hired crews, I envy them. I couldn't help but wished I could also be given the chance to train them. I promised I won’t just teach them the Standard Operating Procedures but I would also teach them how to love their work and put their hearts on it. I want them to not just work for money. I told myself, I would just wait till I’m promoted as a crew trainer. A week after that, I was not promoted yet, but my manager asked me if I could train the new hires. Now, that's miracle!

5. I was the Stenographer of the Year 1995 in my high school. When the medal was given to me, my mom whispered to me “Sana maulit ito.” I prayed that I could get my parents to come up the stage again in college graduation. Talking about miracles? Recognition day 2001, I was awarded two medals. My mom and dad came up the stage to award them to me.

6. Due to some conflict of opinions, I decided to resign from my work. I knew I would find another job in no time. I submitted my resignation paper but I was not allowed to resign. I was just told by my manager to take a month leave and to think things over. While I was at home resting, I could not really decide whether to stay or to just look for another job. I prayed about it. I asked God to give me sign if I should stay or go. Just when I have decided to leave the company, I received an SMS from my colleague asking me to come back. He also said that I need not worry since the Team Manager was already replaced. The new Team manager called me and asked me to come back.


I have learned that we have to be specific in praying so that we will know exactly when these prayers are answered. I still have so many things to be thankful for. I always remember that no matter how big my problems are I need not worry for I have a bigger God.

No comments:

Post a Comment