Monday, July 21, 2008

A broken Princess

I have heard from a friend that another friend of ours is currently going through a hard time ironing out her relationship with the father of her children.

I wanted to get in touch with her to find out. Luckily I saw her online. I chatted with her. I found out she was planning to leave the guy but still hesitant to do it because of the kids. And she also said she could not do it because he loves him so much.

I never told her I was crying while we were chatting. I pity her. She is a beautiful woman, full of energy, strong and I know a beautiful future awaits for her.. But now, she thinks she’s hopeless. She even said she is considering ending her life. I told her to be strong for her kids. I said I perfectly understand how hard it is and that what she is feeling is okay. She just has to overcome it. I told her to stop belittling herself. I told her she is a worthy woman and deserves to be treated like a princess. She should not let that man treat her like a doormat.

She told me she has decided to end the relationship with the guy, they are not married yet anyway, she just doesn’t know how to start. I asked her to be firm with her decision this time. She has given too much. She has sacrificed a lot. I guess it’s time she gives herself the respect that this man deprived her of.

I assured that her friends and family will always be there for her. Before we end our chat she asked me, “Why did God allow these things to happen if He knows it will just end like this?”

I asked her back, “Are you sure you got God’s approval when you started these things? Or you were just using your own will?” She just said “You got a point there”.

We ended our chat, knowing that I have to pray for this girl. She has endured a lot and I just hope everything turns out well with her.

“Too often we tend to blame God for the things that happened, when we should not have started it in the first place.”

No comments:

Post a Comment