Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Bullies Beware




We enrolled our son, Seandy to a prep school in our place together with his cousin Rumelyn, they’re classmates. But the other day, Rumelyn was sick and could not go to school.

We had no choice but to let Seandy go alone. His daddy sent him to school and then left because he had to go to work. He sent me an SMS afterwards (I was in my office), and told me that Seandy’s already at school but he was really hesitant to leave him there alone. I told him everything will be okay and that he would not worry since my mother will come to pick him up anyways.

Later on, I received another SMS this time it’s from my sister. She told me that Seandy had a little scratch on his face. They were asking my son what happened but my son did not say a thing. When I got home I immediately asked my son what happened and he said that one of his classmates punched him on the face. I asked him if the teacher saw what happened, he said yes. I asked him what did teacher say, he told me the teacher just said “ Aaaay…”

We talked to the teacher the very next day and asked what happened. She said that she had no idea at all. She said that she even asked Seandy to sit with her the whole time since Rumelyn was not there. I told her my mother saw Seandy crying while dragging his bag out to leave the room. The teacher explained that Seandy kept saying he misses his daddy already and that was the reason he was crying. I did not insist on the issue again. We just talked about how my son is doing and other stuff like class picture, projects and then left.

From that day on, I asked our Ate Sarah (nanny) not to leave my son alone at school. I don’t know who is telling the truth. But I know I believe my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment