Sunday, June 15, 2008

Drunken Master

I was on my way to work yesterday, Saturday around 8:00 PM. I was in a jeepney and one of the passengers was drunk. He was so drunk I think he thought he was already home. He started removing his shoes and socks, took his cell phone from his pocket and put in the seat. He really wanted to lie down. One lady took cell phone and put it back inside the guy’s bag.

He was really pathetic and I know other people could take advantage of him. I took the cell phone from his bag again, look at its phonebook and stored the first number that was there. The number was just labeled A. I texted that number and said that there was this person who is so drunk and can’t take of himself anymore. I also said that someone might take advantage of him. And gave the location of where the person is suppose to get off the jeep.

Around 12 AM, I received a text message from that number; it was the wife of the drunk guy. She asked me who am I and how did I get that number. She also said that her husband was beaten up and was sent to the police station and was accused of something. She also mentioned that I have texted the guy’s own number. The guy just arrived home and that was when the wife read the text message that I sent. I apologized because I really don’t know who to text that time. She just thanked me anyways. Good thing the guy still managed to get home.

I was on my way home from work, I rode the jeepney and another drunk guy was there, can’t carry himself well and wanted to lie down inside the jeep again.

I don’t drink. Well, I have tried drinking before but I never really liked it. I pity those people who drink and can no longer control themselves afterwards. I guess the next time they do that they should be reminded of this quote first:

Proverbs 20:1, “Wine is a mocker, strong drink is a brawler, and whoever is led astray by it is not wise.

P.S.

This morning the drunk guy texted and thanked me. He said his name is Alex. (Sunday, June 16, 2008 )

No comments:

Post a Comment