Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother's Day


     I have been a mom for almost seven years now and tomorrow I will be celebrating Mother's Day together with all the Moms in the world. 

     Being a Mom is really a blessing from God.  Although, I must admit it is a tough job.  I couldn't do this without the guidance from God. 

     The role of the mother is to nurture her children and to be submissive to her husband.  I know that if I will only trust on my own nothing good is going to happen. 

      I am so lucky because God gave me two mothers (three now, including my mother-in-law!).  I grew up with my Aunt, my Mama's sister, and she has given me all the love that a mother could give.  She may not be my biological mother but she is my mother.

      Both of them tried to work as hard as they could to provide for the family.  And, it was sufficient.  We may not be rich but we had just enough.  I may not have all the "good things" when I was growing up but I had all the things that I needed to be complete. 

        If I will be given a chance to choose a mother, I'd still choose them both. 

        Whenever, I pray for my mothers I do not pray for wealth but I pray for health and long life. 

        In Titus 2:4-5 mothers (women) are reminded : "These older women must train the younger women to love their husbands and their children,  to live wisely and be pure, to work in their homes, to do good, and to be submissive to their husbands. Then they will not bring shame on the word of God."

       May all mothers be prayerful enough and ask God's guidance to raise Godly children.  Mothers play a very important role in building a Godly nation.

       Happy Mother's day to every Mom in this world.

                

    

No comments:

Post a Comment