Sunday, February 7, 2010

Talk to the Boss

My current job is making me realize a lot of things. I am now connected in a Maid Agency.

Too many times, we think that our job dictates our worth. That is not true. God has fearfully and wonderfully created us. We are His masterpiece.

What I like most about this job is that I get to speak and sometimes counsel the maids. Whenever I get to talk to them I always tell them that they are important; that they work should not let them feel inferior. They are important to God and they are valuable to God.

I have arranged some interviews between Employers and Maids. I noticed that there's one thing in common - whenever parents looked for Maids who can take care of their kids, they would often times let the kids decide.

Some parents even said that these kids are the bosses; they are just the financiers. They said that they will hire someone whom the kids would like to hire.

Other parents would bring books while interviewing the maid and let the maid read stories for the kids. Some would let the kids play with the applicants so they can see who's sincere in dealing with their child and who's not.

It reminded me about our Father God in heaven. He has sent His son, Jesus and He promised to give life to those who will honor and believe in the name of His son, Jesus.

John 1:12

But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God.

1 comment:

  1. Usually kids talaga magde-decide kasi sila yung mas makakasama nila.

    Mahirap maging maid at yaya ha, imagine mo iiwan mo anak mo para mag-alaga ng iba? Kaya lang wala naman kasing choice minsan. Kasi kung aasa sa maliit na sweldo dito, wala na ngang maipon, kinakapos pa. Kaya naiinis ako dun sa mga nagsasabi na katulong lang, o yaya lang! Eh ano! bakit kailangan pang may 'lang'?

    ReplyDelete