Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Be on Alert

After 8 years, I got a chance to see him. He was one of my closest friends in college. We talked about the past, the present and our plans for the future.

Before we part ways, he told me that he still remembers the Bible verse that I have thought him during our college days. I couldn't remember that so I asked him to recite that verse. He said, " Delay yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart".

It sounded like one of my favorite verses in the Bible - Psalm 37:4. But what he said was different. What the Bible really says is " Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart."

Have you been delaying yourself in the Lord? Have we been so slow in following His will? Please do not delay. Follow Christ while you still can. You never know when your life will come to an end.

2 comments:

  1. As I was reading it, I was thinking, "delay?" delay ba yun? parang hindi, bakit delay? haha. Delight nga pala. Kapag may nabago pa naman na isang word, nag-iiba na meaning diba?

    "Follow Christ while you still can. You never know when your life will come to an end" Very well said! Korek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe..napaisip nga rin ako nung ni-recite nya un..
    tapos, ang mga nangyayari pa sa mundo nagpapakita na ng signs of end times...God bless!!!

    ReplyDelete