Monday, April 20, 2009

Too Late for Twilight?

Late last year my friends in the office went gaga over “Twilight”. They bought the book, read e-books in their spare time online, and they made sure not to miss it in widescreen. I did not bother, I was not interested. My friend, Jhanie, invited me to watch it widescreen but I insisted we watch “Tanging Ina Nyong Lahat” instead. I was not told of the synopsis of the story. All I knew was that it was a love story between a mortal and a vampire – Bella Swan and Edward Cullen.



Early this month, I saw one of my new teammate, Reychie, reading e-books of Twilight again. Since we can no longer surf the internet at work, I asked her to send me the e-books so I can read it also on my spare time at work.



She sent it to me, but I did not read it until last week. I got curious with the movie as well so I borrowed a DVD so I can also watch it.



I have to admit, it was overwhelming. It was true; everything about Edward invited me in. I have watched the movie over and over again. It seems that I can’t get over it. I have read the book and I did not want to stop. I have started thinking of Edward and the things that he does. How he mesmerized people with his angelic charm. How protective he was and how all the people adore him. Of course, I was looking at it as if Edward was not a vampire. I am a hopeless romantic and my husband is not (but that’s okay, I love him anyway). I have discussed this with my husband, and told him that he should thank Edward since he is giving away the things that he should do to make me love him more. LOL.



I remember One person who is more than an Edward Cullen to me. Edward is nothing compared to Him. He is stronger, faster, gentler and more compassionate in so many ways. He is the epitome of perfection. He is the One who only deserves all of my praises and adoration. He is Jesus, my Savior. The only One I adore. I do not need to have an Edward Cullen in my life, since I have Jesus in me. And besides, He has given me my husband. He may not be like Edward Cullen in many ways, but he is real and he is my man.

1 comment:

  1. Amen to you sis!

    Actually hindi ko pa rin napanood yang Twilight na yan...hehheh...i do have a DVD but am not interested as of now! il try to watch it this weekends....

    oist...muzta na?welcome back sis!!!

    ReplyDelete