Sunday, December 7, 2008

James 4:14

I went to church earlier and then head off to my office afterwards.

I was at the entrance of our building when I heard the Security guards talking about the Pacquiao - De la Hoya fight. It's good to hear that Manny won that fight.

While blog hopping I have noticed that some blogs already posted about the match, so I did not bother blogging about it.

But then, another news came up. I have heard from my officemate that a young tv star, Marky Cielo, Starstruck's Ultimate Male Survivor just died. The cause of his death is still unknown, but he was found dead on his bed. He was just 20 years old. I have seen him on TV before and I know he can act and dance very well. And how about the story of Leafil Alforque who was Swept to Sea During Proposal on Oregon Coast?

These news made me sad. It all tells us what life is all about. Just like what the scriptures says in James 4:14 :

"Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away."


Life is short. Let us all make a difference. Let us start seeking God and search the God that Is not the just the God that we want - before all is too late.

5 comments:

  1. This kind of news always frightens me.

    I can see how it's important to be aware of your life, and not take it for granted, but people dying so young is just plain scary!

    It makes me feel all kind of aches and pains and I start worrying that I'll drop dead too.

    How do you deal with these kind of news bulletins??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also shocked when I heard the news. Was about to post something pa naman, pero prang nawala ako sa mood kaya di na lang ako nag-post. I'm sad talaga. Sean likes Marky 'coz he was Zaido Green.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen to this Sis! It's true we have to live our lives as if it's gonna be the end of times. We have to always do good for the Lord and not to men..God Bless..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen sister, truly our lives are but a midst. May we all seek God while He can still be found instead of settling for the gods of this world. Isaiah 55.

    Bless you dear sister,
    Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  5. it seems he has the same reason of Rico Yan..parang bangungut? i don't know actually heheh but i felt sorry to Marky so young..:(

    ReplyDelete