Saturday, June 4, 2011

God can change Lives


My hubby and I were talking earlier. We were talking about how great God is. I really thank God because He changed my husband.

Everybody who knew my husband noticed a big change in him. He is no longer the same person that he used to be. It all started when he accepted Christ as his Lord and Savior. In 2 Corinthians 5:17 we can read, "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"

He may still be a babe in Christ but that is enough for now. God is slowly working it out.

He told me he spoke with one of his cousins a couple of weeks back. His cousin told my husband that he was "lucky" to have found a wife like me - "a total package" that is how his cousin said it. His cousin enumerated that I am cute, I am kind, I am smart (to God be the Glory!)

But my husband's response was more worthwhile. He told his cousin that he is not concerned about all those things. He said that none of the things that his cousin mentioned matter.  My husband said that what he loves most about me is that I fear the Lord with all of my heart!

He even advised his cousin to choose a woman that fears the Lord. My husband said that ever since he gave his life to Christ, everything changed. He gave instances where God answered our prayers. I like it so much when he said that now he only needs to thank God for everything. He said there is no need for him to ask God for anything. Everything is being provided by the Lord and it is only for us to count our blessings and thank God for all these blessings.

He even said, he is praying for his family and friends to trust and believe in God too.

Our marriage did not start right, but we are thankful we have a God who can turn the curse into a blessing if only we are willing to be changed.

I like this song so much. It speaks of God's grace and power to change lives.






Now that You're Near

By Hillsong United

I stand before You, Lord

And give You all my praise

Your love is all I need

Jesus, You're all I need

My life belongs to You

You gave Your life for me

Your grace is all I need

Jesus, You're all I need

Hold me in Your arms

Never let me go

I wanna spend eternity with You

And now that You're near

Everything is different

Everything's so different, Lord

And I know I'm not the same

My life You've changed

And I wanna be with You

I wanna be with You

And I will sing for You always

'Cause in Your presence God is where I wanna stay

Posted via Blogaway

4 comments:

  1. Inspiring post! With God, nothing is impossible talaga. And I agree with the cousin -- you're smart, kind and cute! Your husband is one lucky guy. Happy Father's Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ honney
    thanks. To God be all the Glory!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww. How touching.

    I'm still a babe in Christ, too. And this post made me reflect if I'm God-fearing already. Thank you! I hope to find an equally sweet and loving husband like yours. If it were His will, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @lornadahl
    thanks a lot. God's timing will always be perfect.. :)

    ReplyDelete