Monday, June 8, 2009

Wonderful Prayer from a child

“Mommy, let’s all pray na.” It was my 4-year old son, Seandy. He tried to interrupt the conversation between me and his dad. I guess, it’s our cue to sleep.

We huddled around, holding each other’s hands and closed our eyes. My son then said, “Lord.” Then he stopped and said, “You do it, mom.” I smiled and urged him to do it this time.

He continued, “Lord, thank you po sa araw na ito. Ingat Mo po kami sa mga lakbayin namin. Thank you din po sa mga food namin. Sana po bigyan mo po kami ng money para maka-buuy po kami ng kung anu ano. At ingat Nyo po kami sa pag-sleep naming. Amen.” Then, followed it up with, “I love you so much, Jesus!”
I and my husband repeated each word as he said it. After the prayer, Seandy leaned to each of us to say his goodnight and to kiss us.

As I watched him sleep, I uttered my own prayer. I am just thankful to see my kids grow more each day. And even more thankful that knowing that at an early age God has already touched his heart.

4 comments:

  1. sis talagang u raise a kid that really has a fear on the Lord! at his early age he knows already how to say his own prayer...

    as parents we are proud of raising kids like Seandy...

    my daughter too at her age of 2 knows how to pray...we too as a family have our family devotion as once in a while.

    so nice dba? "As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD!

    Thanks sa mga comments sis...God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, mommy phebie..

    Tangi kong prayer eh lumaki ang mga kids ko na nakakakilala sa Diyos.

    Sobrang saya kasi pag alam mong no matter what happens di ka matitinag ng kahit na ano, pag nasa puder ka ng Diyos.

    God is great talaga! To God be the glory!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Parang naalala ko tuloy prayer din ni Sean, God bigyan mo kami ng money ha, at gawa mo rin kami ng house, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ amor

    cute ng batang mag pray no...napaka sincere..ako nga i always urge Seandy to pray for our family..he is one of my prayer warriors nga eh..God bless!!

    ReplyDelete