Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Good job, Adie

Since we had the new baby, my 3-year old son, Seandy had to sleep on the other room. He was accompanied by my mother. But when his Tita Myan (my sister in-law) arrived from Aklan to visit us, she was the one to accompany my son.

Sometimes when I am not doing anything and am not busy with my baby girl, I send Seandy to bed. I sent him to bed one night and when it’s time for us to say our bedtime prayer, he stopped me. He said, “No, mommy.” He then continued praying the one taught by his Tita Myan and then proceeded with our normal bedtime prayer. It was an old Catholic prayer and it goes like this:

Angel of God,
my guardian dear,
to whom God’s love commits me here,
ever this day,
be at my side
to light and guard,
to rule and guide.

I was amazed. He had memorized the whole prayer!

I have always known that my kid has a good memory. When he was about 2 years old he had already memorized 32 pieces of flash cards with different animals. I just can’t wait for him to go to school. We already enrolled him in pre-school. Hope he does well with his studies too.

No comments:

Post a Comment